contribution petroleum expert in Petroleum Industry
Scientific Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development
Engineer, Director and General Manager of NEWELL ENERGY CORP.
using the invention technology, discovered many oil/gas zones in old wells
in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming and Montana
. These bypassed oil/gas zones are water-free, high productivity,
high production oil/gas zones. For
example, there is an old oil field in Wyoming. Its area is about 22,600
acres. The field was discovered in the late 19th century. It
was ever a high production field. Currently, the field is almost given
up because traditional technologies cannot find more reserve. Using the
technology to find a low resistive oil/gas zone, which is mistaken as
water lost by traditional technologies. The geological reserve is 450,000,000
barrels in this oil field based on his analysis.
· 1993 – 1999, research and test the technology to find potential reserve around the world. There are about 3 millions of old wells need to be re-evaluated around the world, we have researched in the United States, China, Mexico, Venezuela, Taiwan. Using the technique processed more than 3000 wells in 47 oil/gas fields in world. The success rate was as high as 90%.
· 1993 – 1996, found oil/gas zones in Scientific Research Well Tai in Tu-Ha basin in China. Traditional technologies had explored in this basin more than 30 years, but they cannot find oil/gas zones. Using the technology found huge oil/gas reserve in this basin.
· In 1994, examine and research missed oil/gas zones in depleted oil/gas fields in USA (Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi). Extremely low resistive oil/gas zones are mistaken as water zones in the Gulf of Mexico, but in fact these zones are water-free, high productivity, high production oil/gas zones. Fractured carbonate formation is another problem. Traditional technologies cannot distinguish between oil/gas and water in this formation.
· In 1993, using the technology evaluated 64 old oil wells in SuBei in China for Shell Exploration (China) Limited. Because these wells’ data are not enough, Shell cannot use its technology to analyze these wells, Shell had to open the project to all world famous oil companies. The technology is only one technology, which can process these wells. We won the project. The technology not only can process these data with limited data, but also can give a high quality and correct result. Therefore, Shell Exploration (China) Limited has a good comment on the technology: “we have found a good partner in China”.
1973 – 1993,
Professor, Senior Engineer and chief of geophysics research group
of geology department, at Scientific
Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development.
· In1987, main inventor of the technique, this technology is different from convention well-logging interpretation methods. Traditional technologies usually use absolute concepts and are based on an approximate value in designing of well-logging equipment, result measurements, data collection and data processing. Facing the extremely complex lithologies, it is very necessary to design well-logging evaluation methods and programs and to find out the most excellent experiences in each area based on changes of objective condition. Thus, the conventional methods are often affected by different lithology, different regional conditions and well conditions, and they cannot be applied widely. But, our technique is quite different from that, which completely adopts relative concepts and rebuilds a strict lithologic conductive equation. The technique can automatically remove the influences of lithologic variation in different area and different depth. Meanwhile, it can also compensate complex conditions, such as influences of deep intrusion of mud filtrate in drilling with saline mud and influences of oil layer flood out after flooding, and automatically find out whether or not the parameters are accordant with actual situation. This technique has been highly appraised by 38 experts and professors in well-logging field, they affirmed that “ the concept is new, and the theoretic derivation is strict. It changes the conventional model of quantitative evaluating oil /gas formations, being a breakthrough in well-logging interpretations and an inventive technique both in home and abroad. It also provides a new thinking way for improving and designing of well-logging equipment”. The practical application of the technique has proved the comments by the experts are correct, the technique has been awarded by Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration and Development and China National Petroleum Corporation of China.
· 1964 – 1973, Chief engineer of Logging Company in ShengLi Oilfield of China. Discovered Well Sha-2 high production oil well and volcanic rock high production oil/gas well. ShengLi Oilfield became the second largest oil field in China. ---Brief.
· 1962 – 1964, vice-director of geophysics research department in DaQing Oilfield of China. Researched and developed a new logging method and device. ---Brief.
· 1958 – 1962, Chief engineer of Logging Company in DaQing Oilfield of China. Discovered 8 oil/gas zones in Well SongLi –3, the first high production wells in Daqing Oilfield. DaQin Oilfield became the largest oil field in China. ---Brief.
· 1954 – 1958, Leader of well-log research team, in YuMen Oilfield of China, Designed and tested logging device. ---Brief.
1992, Special Research Fund Award
for Outstanding Contribution
· 1990, Medal for Outstanding Contribution in Petroleum Industry, awarded by State Council of China
· 1989, Gold Medal in the 2nd Guangzhou Exhibition of international patent and New Technologic and Product
· 1987, Gold Medal in 1st Beijing international Exhibition
· 1982 – 1996, Contributor for found oil/gas wells in ShengLi Oilfields of China.
· 1980, Main inventor of tracking perforation and core gun (Won the second prize of national invention)
· 1962, one of the main inventors of fixed position perforation (Won the second prize of national invention)
· 1959, one of discovers of DaQing Oilfield in China (Won the first prize of national energy discovery)
· “Discussion on the potential oil and gas reserve in the worldwide”, , RIPED August 1992, Beijing, P.R.China
· “A new well-logging evaluation technique for drilling with saline mud”, , RIPED September 1991, Beijing, P.R.China
· “A new well-logging evaluation technique for volcanic rock”, , RIPED June 1990, Beijing, P.R.China
· “A new well-logging evaluation technique for extremely low resistivity oil and gas zones”, , “Petroleum Exploration and Development” June 1989
· “A well-logging evaluation technique for complex lithology and complex engineering conditions”, , Longhai Zhang, RIPED August 1987, Beijing, P.R.China
· “Combining varied information to find out the oil/gas generation, migration and accumulation”, , “Petroleum Exploration and Development” June 1982
· Dictionary of International Biography—Twenty-Fifth Edition 1997 of IBC (International Biographical Cambridge Cb2 3Qp England)
· International Directory of Distinguished leadership, Seventh Edition 1997 of ABI (American Biographical institute, Inc)
· The Biographies of the Famous Person in the Contemporary World 1995 of World Literature Press Co. in Hong Kong, published around the world
· Dictionary of the Famous People in the Contemporary China 1993 of Contemporary Famous People Edition Department in China
· Dictionary of Geophysical Specialist in the Contemporary China 1995 of Geophysical Edition Department in China
Copyright © 2005 LogDigi, LLC. All rights reserved.